MOB. 07889 435693

Taunton Plastering Logo new edit

Blog

Welcome to the Taunton Plastering blog

By tauntonplastering, Nov 16 2016 11:07AM

If there was ever a project to break us... this would be it! In July 2016, whilst most people were out enjoying the sunshine, we were taking on perhaps one of the messiest jobs yet - and the first set of pictures do not do this place justice, it really was well and truly awful. The task was to compleley renovate a dilapidated apartment based in the town centre of Camborne. Our task was to complete the following:


1. Removal of all rubbish/furntire

2. Plastering patch repair

3. Plasterboarding and overskim as directed by the client

4. Painting and decorating throughout

5. New floorboards where needed

6. Minor repairs to damaged parts of the property.

7. Fit a new bath panel

8. Tiling in the bathroom


...And all this was completed in just 5.5 days.


If this was our property, we would re-plaster the entire place. However due to the contraints of the budget from the client, this was not possible.


Initially when we were offered the project, we only had the images to go by. We could see that the property had been abused, although lovingly painted orange. We thought that removing the rubbish and furniture wouldn't be too much of a problem, but it wasn't until we visited the property that we realised we would need to outsource to a professional removal company - who have dealt with these cases before.


We used a local company who were absolutely fantastic and took this in their stride, despite its horrific condition. If you ever need a removal company local to Camborne/Redruth, we would highly recommend Celtic Clearance . Not only did they have to deal with harmful waste such as used syringes, but they also encountered a extremely large amount of human faeces which was embedded within the furniture and also underneath the floorboards. Some of the before and after pictures can also be viewed via their Facebook.


Once the property was completely empty for us to work in, we had to work our way through each of the tasks. Our paint of choice was Crown Trade Covermatt Obliterating Paint, due to its thick coverage and also because it is ideal to use on freshly plastered walls. If you have ever had us complete work for you, you would have certainly heard us harp on about this product.


Some of the "after" images below are perhaps not the best - lighting etc. But once this was completed, we were in a rush to clean up and get out. Sadly, we completely forgot to take before and after pictures of the hallway too which, as you could probably guess, was also horrifc. It had been painted in blood red paint, so looked very intimidating the moment you walked through the door.


Looking back, this is one job we are unlikely to forget.



By tauntonplastering, Apr 13 2016 03:01PM

Number one: The 'before' image.
Number one: The 'before' image.
Number two: bleached walls, mould treatment then Crown PSB Stain Block
Number two: bleached walls, mould treatment then Crown PSB Stain Block
And finally... two coats of our favourite Crown Obliterating Paint
And finally... two coats of our favourite Crown Obliterating Paint

Here are three images showing the re-decoration and mould treatment process of a fairly recent project. Although the client initially thought the house was suffering from damp problems, on inspection it was a build up of black mould due to poor ventilation and a build up of condensation. All the vents were closed off in the house, so we opened these to increase the air flow and we also set the heating to keep the temperature constant.


Four weeks on and not one spot of mould.


We decorated the whole house using the same process, all ready for re-sell.

RSS Feed

Web feed

Wilf.2